Sunday, July 19, 2009

Thing #9

This one took some time for me. I get so interested in what I am reading that I forget I actually have a task to complete. When I used the different search engines, the one I liked the best was Blogline's Search Tool. I found this one the easiest to use because you had the option to search for posts, feeds, citations, or the web. This was a nice way to have the information you are looking for filtered by certain criteria.

I also liked Edublogs award winners. This makes it nice to search amoung the best in a certain criteria to decide which one is good for you...and since all the blogs are among the nominees for award winners, you probably won't make a choice that isn't good.

None of the search tools were necessarily confusing, but I like topix.net the least. I guess I didn't like the "news" feel it had to it. While I was there I found a Mom's Night Out post that went on and on between two people, a man and a woman, about how unfair it was that they had a Mom's Night Out but not a Dad's Night Out. The man defending fathers was a little bit rude, and while it was amusing to read, it was just nonsense and a waste of time. I'm not big on watching/listening/reading the news, so this site was my least favorite.

No comments:

Post a Comment