Friday, July 17, 2009

Thing #7

Google has some amazing things that I never even knew about. First, I made a calendar. I am not sure exactly how to make it public. The way I think it is working right now is it is public as long as you have a google account...I could be wrong about this. Anyway, the link is http://www.google.com/calendar/render Hopefully this will work, it did with my trials, but often you never know. The other thing I started playing around with on Google was Picasa Web Albums. I uploaded some pictures to a photo album from our summer vacation and was going to edit them and see what I could do there when I found this application called photo locations. This is the coolest thing I've seen in a long time. This gives you the option to click and drag your photo thumbnails onto a map at the location where the picture was take. So, for some of our trip this summer we were in the Smokey Mountains in Gatlinburg, TN and we took a drive through Cades Cove. So, I dragged the pictures from this and placed them on the map right along the road we drove on...so cool! I am pretty sure my husband is hooked on this and will be doing this with all our photos. I would probably spend more time here too if I didn't have to move on to Thing #8. The link to my photo album is http://picasaweb.google.com/maddiegleeson/SummerVacation?feat=directlink

Full-screen

No comments:

Post a Comment