Thursday, July 30, 2009

Thing #16

I am somewhat familiar with participating in wiki discussions, but have never actually started one on my own. I am excited to learn how to do this and to try this out. I mentioned on the wiki page that I will definitely be using this in my personal life for a long distance book club I am in with my mother-in-law. How cool that I can add a link to a new page for every new book we decide to read together. Then, it's all in the same location. Also, adding new pages would be a great way for us to list upcoming books we want to read.

I think I will use a wiki with my 3rd and 4th graders this year for the bluebonnet books and see how it goes. I think this would be a great way to utilize technology, teach something new, get students writing more, and hopefully reading more as well. I am glad wiki pages was a part of 23 things, because now I am confident that I will use these in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment