Monday, July 20, 2009

Thing #11

This one was very fun and easy to use. I loved adding my books - it was so easy, and setting up the widget is easy as well. I searched through the different groups and found a few that I thought might be interesting. For right now I have set up to just watch them so I can then determine which ones I would actually like to join.

I am excited to share this with my dad for one. He is an avid reader, and he keeps this list (probably in microsoft excel) of all the books he has read, and then he has another list of books he wants to read, and then, when he goes to the bookstore, or the amazon.com, he doesn't buy a book he's already read. I think this will be perfect for him...and since he has his handy little iphone, he can access this info virtually anywhere.

I am also excited to share this with my mother-in-law. Last year for Christmas I gave her a book and a monthly book club with me. We take turns choosing a book to both read and then we pick a day in the month to discuss the book via email (she lives in Cincinnat). It is so much fun to hear her thoughts, and also, we have both read books that we would have never chosen on our own, and we've liked them. Her husband even joins in but he has yet to join a discussion. I am thinking it would be nice to have a private group on library thing where we can hold our little discussions, and that would make it easier for other family members to join. I am working on this right now.

1 comment:

  1. Maddie,
    I agree with you. This tool is so useful to anyone who reads on their own. It is so difficult to keep track of your books. I have shelves and shelves and shelves full of books, and I often have to go searching for something I want to look at again. This makes it so easy to organize one's books on the computer and then look up where it is in the order of the bookshelving. I am so glad we had to do this particular thing. We will share it with many others who will also appreciate its usefulness.
    -Angie

    ReplyDelete