Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Thing #23

Wahoo! I did it! I actually did all 23 "things" and not only that, I had a lot of fun doing it. What a great way to learn about all the cool tools on the internet! What a great experience!

I had a lot of favorites, so I am only going to list my favorite favorites. First, my most favorite was Photostory. I have always envied these great picture slide shows I see at weddings, graduation parties, birthday parties, etc. Now, I can be one of those people who has a great slide show. I had so much fun making my photostory and sharing it with the class and also with my family. And, it was so easy! Some of my other favorites were Google docs, mash ups, widgits,and learning even more about wiki pages and how to use them in my library.

This course has affected my lifelong learning goals for the simple fact that I have so much more confidence in my ability to learn new things and things that are somewhat on the cutting edge. I have always felt like someone on the lower part of the totem pole when it came to computers and technology. Now, I actually feel like I know things that maybe others don't, and I am excited to show them so everyone can be in the know. With the right framework, I now know I can do what I put my mind to.

A definite unexpected outcome from this is that I plan on continuing my blog even after this class is over. Also, I actually plan on using a lot of what I learned in these 23 things out there in the real world. A lot of information you gain from inservice, continuing ed hours, or college classes isn't something you can or want to apply in your real life. This is definitely the exception to that rule. I have already started sharing what I know with others, and figuring out how my new knowledge can be utilized in my library.

I honestly don't think there is anything that could be improved on this program. I never had any trouble uploading things, following the given directions, all the links worked, all the information made sense, and it was all relevant. Those things that I might not think are relevant to me in my position, I can see how they would be relevant to another in a different position. This program fits all types of teaching and librarian positions and it was really a great experience.

I would definitely participate in future versions of this same thing, and I would like doing it, and I would encourage all I know to do the same. I am already going to my principal and telling her that all the teachers on my campus need to do this 23 things next summer.

To sum it all up in one word/phrase/sentence:

Life Changing!
Truly, thanks - I had a blast!

No comments:

Post a Comment