Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Thing #22

I think Nings are an interesting addition to the social networking web sites. I just recently joined Facebook, and haven't decided if I like it yet. I was apprehensive to join simply because I feel like it is a tool for a younger generation than me. Finally, one of my cousins convinced me to join for the sole reason of sharing photos online with family. Of course, the people I want to share photos with also need to be a part of Facebook, and I don't see my Dad or my Mother-in-law joining FB anytime soon. I still just share photos with them through Snapfish, or now through Photostory.

I think I would join a Ning group that was appropriate for me. I did like the Teacher Librarian Ning. I looked at some of the postings and the information seemed relevant and worth my time to look at. It's not bogged down by all the "egg hatchlings" and "mafia wars" that I see constantly on FB. Maybe this is the route of social networking I need to consider.

No comments:

Post a Comment