Monday, August 3, 2009

Thing #21

I had an amazing amount of fun putting together this "photostory" of our summer vacation. I didn't even know this software existed and it truly is one of the easiest things I've done. I have sent it to so many people - I am so proud - and I know it could be better, but I'm just amazed that I did something like this and at the ease of the process. As I type it is still trying to upload to my blog, so I am keeping my fingers crossed that it will all work out, but it seems to be continuing to try to upload and it's just a long process.

I plan on telling so many people about photostory. One of the things I like about it is how easy it is to use. I like that you can either add music or narration to the pictures. I think it would be a really cool class project to take pictures at the Houston Zoo, and then have the kids research the different animals and put it together with photostory with narration of the research they did. What a great project to learn about mammals and reptiles. Plus, there are so many animals out there, each kid could research both a mammal and a reptile. It could be like a virtual field trip, since our district has done away with field trips for the time being. It would also be fun to take pictures of each student in the class and then have them narrate about themselves. There are so many possibilites - and it's FUN!!!

1 comment:

  1. Maddie,
    Isn't Photostory the best? I learned about it when I was teaching and I also told everyone that I knew. It's a brilliant program. I'm sorry that you didn't know about it until now. I most certainly would have shared it with you had I known. I really enjoyed watching your videocast. I love Bebo Norman too! In fact, I think I'm going to go pull out one of his CDs right now.

    ReplyDelete