Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Thing #12

Commenting on blogs used to be very tough for me, and it still is to a degree. I always seem to think that my comments are pointless, or my questions are stupid. I know, I know...I'm a teacher/librarian, there are no stupid questions...(except for the stupid ones!). Anyway, I liked that the Cool Cat Teacher Blog says "Don't be afraid to comment". So true, and I find that with each comment I make, I feel more and more confident that I make some valid points. I also liked that she said to tell something about yourself in your posts/comments. I think that when someone makes a personal connection to someone else, the point that are trying to make resonates more clearly. If I know something about the person who is commenting to my blog, I then have more trust that their comment is genuine and that they might actually "get" me.

I had fun looking at so many of the blogs from this 23 things assignments. It was fun to see people who had just discovered something that I had just discovered and we were both excited about it. I ended up commenting on the following blogs: Aspiring Librarian, Angie's Library2Play Trials, The Library Window, In Rachel's Words, and Pepper's Place. I think earlier on I may have commented on others as well, but at some point I lost track. I'm glad commenting was a part of the project, because I do think it is a vital part to blogging.

No comments:

Post a Comment