Saturday, August 1, 2009

Thing #19

I had fun looking at the web 2.0 award winners and seeing which ones I was familiar with and which ones I wasn't. I decided to look at the Widgits award winners because I really like adding these neat little features to my blog. I added one for a 5 day forecast of the weather. I liked this because kids are usually learning about the weather, and I know if many of the younger grades they do calendar everyday and part of that is discussing the weather. I thought having the weather at your fingertips (or on your blog) would be helpful and keep you up to date on the changing outdoor situations. I also added a countdown widgit. For the time being, I put in a countdown to Christmas, because I love Christmas, but you could do all kinds of countdowns on there with kids, and it would be exciting to look regularly and see how much time remains until the big event, whatever it may be. There are so many countdowns kids would want to do, like end of school, spring break, birthdays, etc. You could have a classroom blog with a countdown to every students birthday. Really, the possiblities are endless. What a cool little tool!

No comments:

Post a Comment